Located in the historic hamlet of Vandorf adjacent to the Holland River and scenic Vandorf Park, our Museum was established in 1971. The Museum site covers about 2 acres and includes 5 historic structures such as the Bogarttown Schoolhouse, which was constructed in 1857 and is believed to be the oldest brick schoolhouse still standing in southern Ontario outside of Toronto.
The Pioneer Log Cabin, The Brown House which is a Victorian farmhouse constructed by James Brown in 1857 and restored to reflect the 1880s. The Barn which was dismantled and re-assembled at the Museum in 1983 with an authentic barn raising bee complete with a dinner and square dance thanks to the support of local community members. The Vandorf Public School, first constructed in 1870 with major renovations in 1905, this structure also served as the local headquarters for the Ontario Provincial Police from 1957 to 1971.