Lebovic Centre for Arts and Entertainment
The Lebovic Centre for Arts & Entertainment – Nineteen on the Park is Stouffville’s new arts, culture and entertainment centre located in the heart of downtown Stouffville. Created by the restoration and redevelopment of one of the Town’s most historic landmarks, Nineteen on the Park is a hub of activity. The flexible programming space accommodates a variety of community-based arts and culture programming, such as: – Exhibitions, films, live dance and musical performances – Concerts and rehearsals – Corporate and social receptions, meeting and workshop space – Community events (horticultural, craft, cooking, etc.) The 2009/2010 Professional Series opens on Friday, Oct. 9 with a performance by singer/songwriter Julie Crochetiere. The rest of the season – which runs until April 2010 – has something for everyone from theatre to classical music to live comedy to film screenings to children’s programming. Its the BEST in arts & entertainment in your own backyard. The revitalized Lebovic Centre for Arts & Entertainment – Nineteen on the Parkis a multi-purpose event centre designed to enhance the quality of life for Whitchurch-Stouffville’s residents and visitors. With back-to-back programming it is a hub of both professional and commmunity-based activity.
Nineteen on the Park’s flexible programming space enables it to meet the following organization goals:
- to provide a broad range of arts & entertainment events through its Professional Series, which appeal to diverse audiences.
- to contribute to community building through advocacy events and programming that engages the Town’s broad network of sports, business, community and cultural groups
- to provide a venue for local arts groups to perform, exhibit and demonstrate on a regular basis
- to actively partner with the business community of Whitchurch-Stouffville
- to actively partner with the educational community of Whitchurch-Stouffville to promote knowledge and skills in the arts for our young people
BOX OFFICE HOURS
Wednesday to Saturday / 1pm – 6pm
Phone: (905) 640-2322
Fax: (905) 640-9039
Tuesday to Saturday / 10am – 6pm
Contact: Steven Foster, Cultural Facility & Programming Coordinator
Phone: (905) 640-2322 x 2